Well, it’s almost time for our third annual Kids’ Art Show, so it’s time for the submissions guidelines! Please read them carefully, as there are some differences between this year’s show and the last couple of shows. The opening party for the show will be Friday, December 14, 2007, from 6pm until 9pm.
- Submissions are due between Monday, December 3, and Monday, December 10. Please do not bring submissions earlier because we will not have space to store them! Please don’t bring them later because we can’t wait to hang the show until the last minute!
- Submissions must be by kids in middle school or younger!
- Artists are limited to two submissions. Last year’s show was very large, due to the large amount of submissions. We want to be able to display work by as wide a range of artists as possible, so we won’t be able to display more than two per artist. You’re also welcome to submit just one piece.
- Submissions may be any media that we can easily hang. This includes paintings, drawings, photographs, collage, and more. Unfortunately this means most sculpture is out. A three dimensional piece which hangs from the wall is fine, as long as it’s not too heavy for us to display, but we will not have the ability to display free-standing sculpture.
- Submissions must be framed and ready for hanging. If the piece is painted on stretched canvas, we can hang that easily without a frame, but anything on paper needs to be framed. You don’t have to spend money at a frame shop; you can use any frame from the drug store, supermarket, or even thrift shop that fits your piece. We just need them framed so that we can hang them easily.
- The art doesn’t have to be comic-related, but it can be if you want it to!
- Art in the show does not have to be for sale, but it can be!
- You will get your art back at the end of the show, unless you decide to sell it and someone buys it.
- Feel free to call or email if you have any questions!
- Just like with our other art shows, the artist puts a price on the art. We take a 25% commission, which means that if your art sells, we will collect the money, then, at the end of the show, we will give you 75 cents out of every dollar, and we’ll keep 25 cents of every dollar. For example, if you put a price of $10 on your art, and someone bought it, we would give you $7.50, and we would keep $2.50.
- The show will last from Friday, December 14, until approximately Sunday, January 5.
- Teachers are welcome to present this art show to their students, but we cannot accept mass submissions from teachers. If kids want to participate in the show, they’ll need to have their parents bring them to the shop to drop off the art and fill out a form.
- Have fun!
We hope lots of you will submit art for this show. Last year’s show looked fantastic, and the party at the reception was really fun. If you have any questions, please send me an email or call the shop at (919) 967-4439.
Chapel Hill Comics